The story begins in our tiny Brooklyn kitchen during the hot summer of 2010. I was on summer break from my job as a public elementary school teacher, and decided to can some fresh local peaches that I’d picked up at the Park Slope Food Co-op. Forrest asked me if he could use the leftover syrup to make some cocktails. A former bartender and bar manager in Detroit and beyond, he’d been experimenting with different syrups for cocktails all summer. I jumped in and added some black pepper, basil, and vanilla bean. The syrup was a huge hit at the Bushwick bar Forrest worked at that night, and the rest is history.
At Royal Rose, we have a passion for delicious cocktails. We believe that using the best-quality, whole ingredients in our syrups makes the difference between an ordinary drink and a superior cocktail. We hand-make every ounce of our syrup in small batches, using only whole ingredients, 100% organic and fair-trade sugar, and filtered water.
- We use only 100% organic, fair trade cane sugar made from evaporated cane juice.
- We make our syrups by hand, in small batches, using whole ingredients.
- All of our herbs and spices are organic and fairly traded.
- Royal Rose sends all of its products to an independent laboratory for analysis to ensure a consistent, high-quality product.
- We recycle our waste and re-use cardboard boxes.
- No chemical preservatives, added colors or artificial flavors, ever.
- We source our ingredients and packaging materials for the highest quality and the best price possible.